Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered ... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love an icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just ... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
(And leave me a link to your own, if you have one, so I can peruse it!) :)
1. Fic Recs - I don't get as much of a chance to peruse the wide variety of comms for some of my favorite fandoms, so I miss a lot of stuff. Tell me things that are cool! Let me know what's going on in the Sherlock fandom (I primarily read John/Sherlock, but I'm up for other pairings, including het!), Heroes, Star Trek, or Supernatural too. Porn is always welcome, AUs are excellent, and I'm certainly not adverse to character studies, case fic, angst, or crack.
2. Fic: Burn Notice/Leverage - For as long as I've known about both shows, I've wanted to read a crossover between them. No pairings are even needed, just the two teams interacting together. It would be epic. It needs to be written.
3. Fic: Reid/Sylar - Seriously a fic between Spencer Reid (of Criminal Minds) and Sylar (of Heroes) would rock hardcore.
4. Avengers Fic or Recs - Porn or character study/team fic. Any pairing, really, but anything with Tony is extra awesome because Tony Stark is the man. Yes, the movie is not out yet. No, I'm not waiting.
5. Fic: Firefly crossovers - Firefly crossed with anything is kick ass every single time. Point some out to me or take your own stab!
6. Self Recs - You wrote it. You know it's awesome. Somehow I missed it. Make me aware of it!
7. Tentacle or wing fic - Because some fandoms just need extra appendages.
8. Vampires or werewolves or zombies - AUs with one or more of these things are seriously cool.
9. Pictures or videos of sea creatures - Because the ocean is beautiful.
10. Fic: Grimm/Supernatural crossover - Grimm's Marie Kessler hunting alongside Supernatural's Ellen Harvelle. The internet may explode from such hardcore awesomeness.