1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Car insurance. My husband's car is much newer and has more toys than my 13 year-old Explorer, so our rates more than doubled since we bought his car in October. :-P
2. Do you miss being a child?
I do sometimes, but then I realize that children miss out on a lot of the good stuff.
3. Chore you hate the most?
I don't know if I hate any chore, but the one I tend to leave until last is filing paperwork.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Biaggi's Italian restaurant in June, for my husband's birthday.
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I think I would have tried to take further control of my depression treatment when I moved out of state.
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I want to do some writing on my Big Boom fic, but it's rather late, and I get up really early, so I can't stay up until 2am like I want to.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I would say I wanted to be either a marine biologist or a herpetologist (someone who studies snakes).
9. How many colleges did you attend?
One. A state college. Go Cyclones!
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was the appropriate color (black) for the game I was playing this evening.
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I would like to get a more economical car rather than the gas-guzzling SUV I have to save money, but until they make electric cars that have four wheel drive and can contend with the gauntlet of blizzards, ice storms, high winds, heavy rain, and crappy roads we have in my neck of the woods, I'm sticking with my old car which can handily handle any of that.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
"...and then I can have this scene..." I was dreaming about my upcoming Big Boom fic and virtually plotting in my sleep. It was weird.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
"Huh, I didn't know that." I currently reading this book about the lives of Catholic saints (told in a factual, yet delightfully tongue-in-cheek manner), so I went to sleep after reading the entry of yet another obscure yet interesting saint.
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I'd love to have dinner with one of the Heroes actors. Probably Adrian, Zach, or Milo. Dunno which one. I'd take any or all of them! ;-)
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Never in my life.
16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Yes. Probably at the local Humane Society.
17. Get up early or sleep in?
Given my druthers, I'd stay up until 2am and sleep until 10am, but right now I'm getting up every day at 4:30 am, because that's when my husband gets up.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Hmm... tough one. I rather like Marvin the Martian.
19. Favorite thing to do at night?
Reading or writing fanfic. Or watching a movie.
20. When did you first start feeling old?
When I used to do telerecruiting for the local blood bank and realized I was calling 16 year olds that had been born in the 90s. The 90s seemed so recent not long ago...
21. Favorite lunch meat?
Salami. Tastes good, and unlike the more healthful turkey it stays edible for weeks. Turkey always seems to go slimy if I forget about it even for a day.
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I rarely go into Wal Mart. I refer to it as the Great Satan. But when I must, it's usually because of some necessity, so it's never any consistant thing. A gallon of milk, a dozen eggs, a white shirt, etc.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. A bond of love is never outdated, no matter the form it takes.
24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Dagon. It's a slightly butchered retelling of H.P. Lovecraft's "Shadow Over Innsmouth," and has an incredible amount of gore, nudity, and bad special effects. However, there's still some great acting, good plotting, and a great sense of dread. I don't care if there's a naked octopus mermaid, I still like it!
25. What's your favorite drink?
My very favorite was Border's chai, before they installed Seattle's Best coffee cafes in their shops. I don't know what Border's house brand of chai was, but now I can't find it, and I'm sad. I drink Oregon chai now.
26. Whom from high school would you like to run into?
Um... no one in particular. Maybe some of my old teachers. They were cool.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
None. My radio's been effectively broken for years. I listen to mix CDs my sister makes for me.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Never watched either. I vote for Leverage!
29. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Before I got laid off, I worked at a factory, and I never sat across from anyone. But generally I liked everyone on my shift, so it was all good.
30. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Nope. Never had the occasion to use one at any time.
31. Last book you finished reading?
"Wolf Speaker," book two of The Immortals series by Tamora Pierce. Yes, it's a young adult book, but I like it anyway.
32. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yes. His name is Nod, and I got him before I went to college. I never had single favored stuffed animal as a child, and none of the particular favored ones was a bear. I had Peter Pumpkin (a pumpkin), Cobby Corn (a stuffed corn cob, and yes I'm from Iowa, so shut up), General Quack (a duck), Craven Proudheart (a white bunny), and some others, mostly not bears.
33. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Boundary Waters. Essentially, backpacking in the woods.
34. Do you go to church?
Easters and Christmas, but I'm really trying to go more often. (I'm Catholic; it's that guilt thing.)
35. How old are you?
28 and a half.