- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
- There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
If anyone wants to contact me, you can PM me or my e-mail address is in my profile.
1. I'd love to get some more icon space. I keep seeing all these cool icons and I'm out of room!
2. I wish someone would write a story inspired by the Squirrel Nut Zippers' song "La Grippe" with Mohinder, Sylar, and maybe Matt and Noah in there too. In a vaugely historical AU. (Yes, I'm weird.)
3. I wish there was a story about what Peter was thinking. Anything from the start of Season 2 on. He's made so many strange decisions and choices. Why did he leave Caitlin and never try to go back for her? How did he know how to shoot a machine gun in Haiti? Why was he so blase about "Nathan's" new powers in S4? Why does our favorite emo-woobie do the things he does? Somebody tell me!
4. I wish there was a story about Nathan’s relationship with Heidi and Peter. Where did he meet her? What did Peter think of her? How did Nathan and Heidi’s wedding go? Did Nathan and Peter keep seeing each other the entire time, or did they call it quits at any point? Did one or the other of them break a mutual promise? Was Heidi nowhere near as naive as one would think?
5. I would love some Sylar/Luke stories. Rec me some, dust off some old prompts, I’m just jonesing for a simpler time, back when Sylar was hooked up with an underage teen and everything was angsty, broken boy, bad childhood, road trip, power trip fun.
6. I’d love for someone to make an icon for me that says, “Who are you, what are you doing in my house, and who the heck is your tailor?” Or an icon of a crab with the line, “I PINCH!”
7. A lot of Yankee candle gel air fresheners (for my car) in the Macintosh scent.
8. Several large Yankee jar candles in the Autumn Wreath or Macintosh scent.
9. I want a red KitchenAid stand mixer with the three standard attachments (paddle, whisk, and hook) and a splatter shield. (As an extra special bonus, the attachable pasta roller and ravioli maker would rock.)
10. I wish someone in the Quad City area would hire me. I need a full time job with benefits. I learn fast, am never late or absent, and work hard.