- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
- There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
If anyone wants to contact me, you can PM me or my e-mail address is in my profile.
1. I'd love to get some more icon space. I keep seeing all these cool icons and I'm out of room!
2. That someone finds interest in some of the prompts in my plot box (or asks me for a prompt), and fic emerges! ;)
3. An iTunes gift card or three. I likes my music!
4. Dollhouse season 2
5. Fringe season 1 & 2
6. Lost season 6
8. Several large Yankee jar candles in the Autumn Wreath or Macintosh scent, and/or gel air fresheners in the same scent.
9. I want a red KitchenAid stand mixer with the three standard attachments (paddle, whisk, and hook) and a splatter shield (with the metal bowl, not glass, because sure as anything one day I'd drop the sucker and I'd be out a bowl). (As an extra special bonus, the attachable pasta roller and ravioli maker would rock.)
10. To be able to deck my halls with boughs of holly. Fa la la la la, la la la la! (Seriously, I'm looking for some real holly with which to decorate my house, or some truly good fakes. Bad fake holly is worse than no holly!)